PREP 10mins COOK 60mins + 6 hours cooling time
SERVES 4 Dozen
4 Cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour (estimate cups for a soft dough)
1 cup canola oil
1 cup Raw Sugar
1 cup orange Juice
1 grated orange peel
1 Tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1/4 cup of milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the cup of oil and the cup of sugar. Using a mixer, beat on a slow speed for about 3 mins
- Add the orange rind and one cup of orange juice to the mixture. Continue beating for another 1-2mins.
- Slowly add 2 cup of self raising flour, one at a time, continue beating until it becomes a soft dough.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon, adding another 2 cups of flour
- Change the mixer to the dough hook and continue using the dough hook until it forms into medium to firm dough like mixture.
- Neatly kneed the dough and leave in the bowl to rest for 5 mins.
- Cut the dough in quarters in the bowl.
- Take out your baking trays and preheat the oven to 160 fan-forced or 180 convection. Line your baking trays with baking paper.
- Take one quarter of the dough and form a flat log / Two logs per baking tray.
- With a small knife cup diagonal slices, brush on the milk wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 20mins or until it’s a light golden brown
- Take out for 5 mins to cool, re-slice and seperate.
- Turn each biscotti it its side then bake for another 15 mins.
- Take out and turn over the biscotti - bake for another 10-15 mins.
- Once done turn off the heat and leave the biscotti and oven to cool to dry them out further!
- Place in an airtight container & enjoy!
Enjoy and remember to tag me in your creations! @msbbanks