PREP 15mins COOK 120mins
SERVES 4 - 6
1 kilos Pork Belly (Rashers)
1 cup Honey
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Kettle of water
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees! (Fan forced)
2. Mix the honey, soy sauce & oyster sauce in a bowl, followed by the rashers.
3. Making sure each one of them is coated, massage the marinade in them gently
4. Line your baking tray with some baking paper, then place in your rashers.
5. Add the water in the pan, the rashers are to be sitting directly on the liquid. Don’t worry if things don’t look right at the moment because once the cooking starts, it will make sense!
6. Place your try into the oven and cook for about 1 hour - adding water as it evaporates. Once the top side of the rasher looks sticky and coloured you can flip them over and cook for about another hour on the other side.
7. Remove from oven and enjoy!
To serve - Serve alongside some jasmine rice and some steam bok choy! Don’t forget the dipping sauce on the side of fresh chopped chilli’s and soy sauce!
Tip – Always make sure there’s enough water at the bottom of the baking tray to ensure that the sauce doesn’t burn. The water will evaporate during the cooking process so you’ll need to top up every now and then.
Enjoy and remember to tag me in your creations! @msbbanks