As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I have to make it - with a few minor changes of course. I always get inspiration from other recipes but tweak them to my style of cooking. ;)
I mean, what can go wrong with sticky glazed chicken? You can burn it yes, but juicy caramelised chicken is just drool worthy.
Noodles is also my thing!
I've grown up eating noodles and rice - It's so bad but so good!
Though here's a different type of noodle for you guys to try - SWEET POTATO NOODLES (aka. SPN).
Yep, there is such a thing & the most healthiest out of all noodles. Bring on 70 calories per serving, which is also gluten free and only made from sweet potato starch! I had a few people asking me where you can purchase SPN and guys, it's as easy as going down to your local Coles or Woolies and picking them up in your Asian section. Look out for the bright blue packet and you are welcome!
I decided to pair the Sticky Glazed Chicken with SPN because I wanted an easy summer lunch dish - Cold soba noodle recipes have been flying around lately so I took inspiration from that to create this! I added the egg because it just tastes so damn good with this dish and it adds this extra creaminess to the noodles.
If you guys have some time, prep ahead and marinate the chicken for as long as you can before cooking. I personally marinated and chilled the chicken for an hour before cooking - This helps the caramelisation of the chicken when cooking but if you're limited for time - 15 mins to marinate the chicken will also do! :)
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as my partner did - he said "Baby, you can create and test your new recipes all day everyday, as many times as you want!"
PREP 30 MINS COOK 25MINS SERVES 2
1 packet of Sweet Potato Noodles
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 chicken thigh fillets, boneless and skinless
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
¼ cup of honey
3 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/12 tbsp hot chilli paste / chilli garlic sauce
1 tbsp of ginger, finely grated
1 tbsp of garlic, finely grated
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 or 3 chopped scallions (white part only - save the dark green part for later)
- Place the chicken, honey, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and soy sauce in a bowl. Lightly massage, cover with cling wrap and place it in the fridge to marinate.
- Cook the SPN for 8 minutes in boiling water - rinse, drain and set aside in the fridge to cool.
- In a small pot, bring to the boil some water - gently place the eggs and set the timer to 5 1/2 minutes. Then run the eggs under some cold water to stop the cooking, & peel!
- To make the SPN sauce, combine the hot chilli paste, ginger, garlic in a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and the white part of the scallions. Give it a good mix and set aside.
- Now to caramelised your chicken! Place your griddle pan or a fry pan on a a high heat, once smoking add your coconut oil and turn down the heat to a medium and cook the chicken - one side for about 3 minutes and the other side for about 5 minutes. Once cooked, place it on your chopping board to rest for few minutes before slicing!
- Take out your SPN noodles and toss in the SPN sauce generously making sure you're covering your noodles! Add in the remaining chopped scallions (dark green part) and mix thoroughly.
- To serve, place your noodles in a bowl. Place your sliced sticky glazed chicken on top, along with your egg cut in half and topped of with plenty of sesame seeds!
I love to see your creations guys, if you have Instagram please tag me in your photos @msbbanks