PREP 10mins COOK 40mins
SERVES 4 - 6
200g of prawn heads (trimmed head spike)
Half a red capsicum
4 fresh Birdseye chilies
5cm of ginger
4 garlic cloves
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 Tbsp. of brown sugar
1 tsp. prawn paste (optional)
1 lemon or 2 limes
¼ cup of chopped coriander
¼ cup of chopped spring onions
1. Turn the grill on a low heat and line your tray with some baking paper. On the tray pop on your prawn heads, ginger, garlic, chilli and red capsicum. Grill for about 15 minutes on each side. Slightly giving each ingredient a slight charcoal.
2. In a mortar and pestle or a food processer, gently mash/grind roasted capsicum, chilli’s, ginger and garlic first with a ½ tsp of salt.
3. Add in your prawn heads and continue to mash.
4. Add the fish sauce, sugar, and prawn paste, and limes except for the chopped coriander and spring onions and continue to mash.
5. Taste and adjust to taste!
6. Once you have your desired salsa consistency. Mix in your chopped coriander and springs onions.
7. Ready to serve!
To serve - Serve alongside some hot sticky or jasmine rice!
Enjoy and remember to tag me in your creations! @msbbanks